Friday, December 19, 2008

Home....I'm going home!

WOW!!! I still can't believe how awesome God is! Just when you think you've got things all figured out, things change. I personally feel like that's God's way of reminding me that I don't control anything. After being away from home, Red Oak, for almost a year I was getting settled and really okay with the original plan for us to be here at least two years. We've had one almost homecoming but even then I did not feel like it was God's timing and when it fell through I was sad but I was also sure that here was where we were meant to be at that time. Since then I really made an effort to make this place "home" and in that I made some new friends, those who I will miss a lot. However, I feel very confident in my spirit that this is truly God's timing and plan for our family. The last year has been a great growing year for me. I have learned a lot about myself, learned even more about who I was created to be, and how to achieve that. The people that God placed in my life here have been so amazing. Through my "Just Moved" bible study I learned how much moving can really affect you and your family and how to make the best of situations that we don't necessarily like. How to seek out the reasons that you get placed where God puts you. I have developed a huge desire to start hosting a ladies bible study in my home. I have about three already in mind that I'd love to do. There is also a huge ministry opportunity to bring "Just Moved" into the Red Oak area. That is something I'd love to work on. I have learned a lot about my marriage and how to be grateful and thankful rather than a complainer and thinker of the old phrase "the grass in greener on the other side". Don't get me wrong I am still a huge work in progress but this move has given me the tools and lessons and the direction that I need to become the wife, mother, and friend that I was created to be.

So, I just want to say thank you Lord for all you've done for me. Thanks to all of my "old" friends that let me know that I was not forgotten. Thank you to my "new" friends for accepting me and you all will NOT be forgotten.

May each of you be blessed this Christmas and may your 2009 be the best year for you yet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! MY SISTER IS COMING HOME!!! EVEN THOUGH SHE IS MY LITTLE SIS I LEARN FROM HER. MY FAITH GETS STRONGER BY LISTENING AND READING ABOUT HER FAITH. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU. LOVE YA LOTS. SIS

~LL~ said...

WOOT!!!

The Bray Family said...

We are so excited!Maybe Trinity and Jacob will finally get to be in the same class!
Cant wait to see yall!

erin said...

You are moving back up to north TX? I will miss you and i'm glad that God put you at the MOPS table with all of us so that we could get to know you even if it was for a short time.