Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Will it or won't it?




Well I am sure some of you or the few who read this will be wondering if we're evacuating due to IKE. Who knows, we're newbies to this hurricane stuff and since they're not real sure where IKE is going to hit it makes it hard to decide. I called to ask the boys school what the protocol is for this situation and they were not much help. They pretty much said it would be a last minute decision. That does not give me a whole lot of comfort. Then today my DH says that they're saying as of this morning that Houston is going to take a direct hit, yet while I am out shopping this afternoon I overheard a lady on her cell phone saying "we're doing nothing, it's not going to affect us at all". So, I am as confused as ever so I will just follow what DH thinks we should do. My DS#1 is already worried that we're going to get washed away. He hears the word hurricane and is all out of sorts. DH is watching it closely so I know if he feels like we should get the heck out of dodge then we'll do it. I am just bound and determined not to be one of "those" people you see on the news and ask your self "why"! I will keep you posted...unless we're outta here! LOL!!!

1 comment:

~LL~ said...

Hey...been through one...it was a cat 1 and we got a direct hit.

Anyway....make sure you have a few gallons of water and some batteries for flashlights and/or candles. Make sure all your vehicles are filled-up and that your cell phones stay fully-charged.

IF y'all do get a direct hit, there will be more warnings for you. Houston CAN flood....if you hear "suggestions" to leave town...then head north. You don't want to wait until the last minute or you will be stuck on the highway. It won't hurt the kids to miss a day or 2 of school...even up to a week. You get 18 days to miss.

It's not worth the risk...especially when you can come up north and we can all have a hurricane party at your BF's house ;)

(also, look at it this way...it probably won't be dangerous for you, as far inland as you are, BUT, if you were to lose power for a few days...that would be MISERABLE!!! There is a lot to be said for a Dallas Hilton...or even the in-laws. LOL)

Call me if you need anything. I'll be praying for you all!

Love ya!